As the end of this year approaches, some of us might feel challenged as to how we can keep our spirits up and stay committed to our health and well being. Here are 5 easy tips to keep in mind for the month of December.
1) Stay consistent with your Pilates practice! Ideally, doing a Pilates workout 3 times a week will help you to strengthen and tone, improve flexibility and offset some of those extra calories that we all seem to indulge in this time a year. I offer online Zoom mat classes Monday thru Saturday, to help you stay motivated. Or purchase my 25 minute mat video and stream at times that are most convenient for you! https://vimeo.com/ondemand/sumbodystudio
2) Drink plenty of water! It is highly recommended to drink 48-64 ounces of water daily to help fuel your metabolism and flush your body of toxins.
3) Make it a priority to get consistent, restful sleep! Research shows that 7-8 hours of sleep per night, supports immune function, increases metabolism and helps your body heal.
4) Engage in aerobic exercise 3 times per week. Try a hike in a canyon, riding a bike at the beach, or roller blading in an inspiring location. Exercising outside in nature can make it a great experience and be a mood elevator.
5) You can still enjoy the foods that are tempting during the holidays but consider smaller portions and a schedule. For example, if you like sweet desserts, rather than depriving yourself, make a plan to have one delicious dessert in the middle of the week and one over the weekend. It will also give you something to look forward to.
Sign up for a class today!
For more information about my Zoom mat classes and private sessions, please contact me at: email@example.com.