SUMBODY TRADITIONAL PILATES
Teacher Training Program
The Sumbody Teacher Training Program offers a comprehensive study of the pure Pilates Method, as it was originally taught by its creator, Joseph Pilates. This program offers an in depth review of all the essential Pilates apparatus including the Universal Reformer, Cadillac, Electric Chair, Wunda Chair, Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector, Baby Arc, Mat Repertoire and in one, cohesive program. Students are taught how to use the Traditional Pilates Method as an integrative system of holistic, body conditioning and how to apply its universal principles to meet rehabilitative objectives, general fitness goals and achieve enhanced sports performance.
The training process is formatted with an emphasis in the first three months on studio lecture and laboratory and the balance of the program on developing practical teaching skills. Students have the option of completing the program in an expedited tract of 6 months or up to one year from the beginning of the course. All students are required to pass written and practical exams in order to demonstrate mastery of the course material and to ensure a high professional standard upon completion of the program.
“The acquirement and enjoyment of physical well-being, mental calm and spiritual peace are priceless to their possessors… & …through Contrology this unique trinity of body, mind and spirit can be attained.”
- Provide a history of Joseph Pilates and the evolution of his method.
- Define the goal, objective and proper sequencing of all beginner, intermediate and advanced level exercises.
- Clarify the important concepts and principles of the classical form of the method that provide the foundation of the technique.
- Present the basis for the progression of the method and contemporary scientific research that supports an evolution of “Pilates based” exercises.
- Address bio-mechanics, alignment and postural issues, special client scenarios and modifications of exercises.
- Learn how to do both postural and gait analyses.
- Review functional anatomy as it pertains to the Pilates system, (reading assignments and home study required).
- Build effective teaching style, communication skills, proper cueing techniques and professional demeanor for training and client retention.
- Learn to develop effective and safe, individual and group programs based on client profiles, personal histories, injuries and physical limitations.
- Develop a mastery of physical skills in own, self-practice.